Chief Marketing Officer
Ideal Start Date: September 1, 2023
Location: Preferably Israel
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies is seeking a dynamic and innovative Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to join our senior leadership team. As the CMO, you will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy to promote and enhance the Pardes brand. This is a unique opportunity to lead marketing efforts for an internationally renowned and growing educational institution dedicated to the study and exploration of Jewish texts and values. This critical role will oversee our Marketing and Recruiting staff, and work collaboratively across our global team.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring that Pardes achieves the following Marketing Objectives:
- Significantly increase awareness of Pardes with a variety of stakeholders including but not limited to: the North America Jewish community, Jewish education thought leaders, potential donors, foundations and other partners.
- Ensure on-going communication with the North American Jewish community (including alumni) through Pardes digital content, podcasts, online courses, programming, etc that drives corresponding engagement and recruitment objectives.
- Build significant strategic marketing partnerships to increase enrollment in Pardes core educational offerings.
- Build multiple campaigns and programs that regularly and effectively engage with existing and prospective donors.
- Develop a strategy for future marketing efforts outside of Israel and North America.
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan that aligns with our mission, vision, and values. Set clear objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Create scalable marketing processes and approaches to ensure significant growth over the long-term.
- Ensure consistent brand positioning and messaging across all marketing channels. Refine/evolve the Pardes website to align with brand positioning and to meet the needs of and engage with various stakeholder groups.
- Develop targeted digital multi-channel communication and marketing campaigns that incorporate the appropriate mix of SEO, email, mobile/SMS, content marketing, paid advertising (SEM and other), social media, affiliate, and other emerging channels.
Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop compelling and relevant content for various marketing channels, including blogs, articles, videos, and social media posts. Ensure content is aligned with Pardes’ educational offerings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with media outlets, journalists, and influencers to generate positive coverage of Pardes programs and initiatives. Prepare and distribute press releases and media kits as needed.
- Monitor and analyze marketing data and trends to measure the effectiveness of campaigns and make data-driven decisions. Provide regular reports and insights to senior leadership on marketing performance.
- Manage, coach, and mentor a team of marketing professionals, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment. Set clear goals and provide ongoing feedback to drive individual and team performance.
- Serve as a key member of the senior leadership team, working closely with the President to ensure that the Pardes brand is carried through to staff, lay leadership and the broader community.
- Build a strong culture of collaboration and trust within Pardes by enabling and actively promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture and environment.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources.
CMO Qualifications & Skills
- Familiarity with the American Jewish communal field, including trends in philanthropy, Israel-Diaspora relations, and efforts around DEI.
- Strong organizational leader of a marketing team at Director level or above, with experience managing teams through strategic pivots and changes.
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing, a successful marketing and brand strategy with tangible, demonstrable growth results.
- Deep understanding of different levers to drive engagement (SEO, content marketing, SEM, Mobile/SMS, social media, email, PR) and metric improvement (marketing channels, creative, conversion rates, etc.).
- Balance of analytical and creative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly with North American audiences, with the ability to craft compelling and persuasive and culturally appropriate messages.
- Demonstrated success in a high volume work environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills – able to prioritize.
- Entrepreneurial and flexible; able to create structure and process.
- Strong leadership, coaching, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with CRM processes, tools, and agencies.
- 10+ years Marketing experience, with a significant percentage of that time with hands-on experience in multi-channel digital marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- The typical salary range for this level position is 25-30K NIS per month.
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies (www.pardes.org.il) is an open, inclusive, diverse and intellectually challenging Jewish learning community based in Jerusalem with programs worldwide. Pardes cultivates a life-long love of Jewish learning, the Jewish people and Israel. Pardes inspires engagement in Jewish life — as communal and spiritual leaders, educators and active participants.
Please send C.V. and cover letters to email@example.com with“CMO” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.