Pardes is seeking a creative, energetic, highly-organized, and results-driven professional who is passionate about expanding the reach of our unique Jewish learning resources and opportunities. The Marketing and Design Coordinator will join our staff in Israel.
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies in Jerusalem and Pardes North America together form an open and non-denominational Jewish learning community with programs worldwide. Learners encounter and grapple with classic texts and traditions of Judaism while exploring their meaning and relevance both to their personal lives and to today’s most pressing issues. Pardes empowers students with the knowledge and tools to take ownership of their Jewish experience.
The Marketing and Design Coordinator (MDC) reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications, who is based in the United States. The Marketing and Communications team also includes the Digital Marketing Associate, who manages social media, and the Technology and Communications Associate, who manages the website among other responsibilities.
The Marketing and Communications team is fast-paced and is regularly juggling many deadline-driven projects at once. The MDC will be a project manager for the department, responsible for ensuring that all projects are of high quality, completed on time and within budget, tracked, and effective.
The MDC will work directly with department heads in Israel to envision and draft innovative marketing plans. They will assign roles to members of the team according to the needs of the project. They will also be the central liaison to Pardes’s external graphic designer and will work alongside the designer to produce visually engaging, beautiful, and brand-consistent designs that capture the essence of Pardes and the eyes of prospective donors and students.
Measures of success will include, but are not limited to, growth of click rates, registration rates, donation rates, information requests, and related data-based indices.
Essential Job Functions
The MDC’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designing and/or maintaining a robust but user-friendly project management system.
- Ensuring that high-quality projects are delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Facilitating a formal intake process for new project requests.
- Strategizing with project requestees to outline a project’s goals, scope, and budget.
- Pitching project plans to colleagues, incorporating feedback, and assigning roles.
- Building/maintaining a formal system for tracking data to analyze the efficacy of projects.
- Interfacing with the graphic designer to create beautiful and engaging designs.
- Providing the Director of Marketing and Communications with final drafts for approval.
- Writing copy, editing, and maintaining consistency of voice across projects.
- Strengthening the Pardes brand, keeping it differentiated and highly recognizable.
- Designing and sending mass emails as needed.
- Coordinating professional photography and videography and YouTube curation.
- Assisting other members of the Marcom team as needed.
- 5-10 years of experience in advertising, marketing, communications, or related fields.
- Strong familiarity with digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Substantive professional experience with formal project management.
- Proficiency with online project management platforms in professional settings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. (Relevant IDF experience will be considered.)
Preferred Skills and Strengths
- Superb attention to detail across all professional functions.
- Excellent ability to write and edit sharp and engaging copy in English.
- Fantastic organizational skills.
- Ability to juggle many projects with competing deadlines.
- Comfort in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Capacity to work and solve problems independently and as part of a team.
- Great judgment and logic-based decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, great sense of humor, and ability to manage up and down.
- Understanding of Jewish educational and social trends in Israel and North America.
- Comfort operating in a community with diverse religious and political perspectives.
- Ability to communicate with vendors in Hebrew.
- Strong interest in Pardes, its mission, and its values.
- Ability to work at Pardes in Jerusalem 5-days a week during standard business hours.
- Willingness to work evenings when needed in order to cover and/or assist with events and to participate in virtual meetings with colleagues in the United States.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, salary requirements, references, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents should be attached as PDFs.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.