The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies is an open, inclusive, diverse, and intellectually challenging Jewish learning community, based in Jerusalem with programs worldwide. Pardes cultivates a life-long love of Jewish learning, the Jewish people and Israel. Pardes inspires engagement in Jewish life — as communal and spiritual leaders, educators and active participants.
Diversity is at the core of Pardes and students represent a broad spectrum of the Jewish world. The result is a vibrant community constantly engaged in honest, dynamic and constructive debate leading to serious personal reflection and growth.
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies is seeking a half-time Registrar who will be responsible for all of the processes involved in the enrolment of accepted students.
This work includes, but is not limited to:
- Corresponding with incoming students on a range of issues, both as a group and as individuals.
- Coordinating the financial aid process.
- Managing the registration processes including updating electronic records.
- Working with governmental authorities regarding visas and other documentation.
- Interfacing with MASA on financial awards processes.
- Overseeing student loans and repayment plans.
- Working with the finance department.
The ideal candidate is well organized and thorough. They have the patience and understanding to work with potential students leaving their home country for the first time, yet the tenacity to work with the Ministry of Interior, including both navigating bureaucratic processes and advocating for Pardes’s interests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to juggle many assignments, prioritize responsibilities and ensure timely follow-through of all tasks.
- Ability to work in Word, Excel and Google Workspace (a.k.a. G Suite).
- Comfort adapting to new programs and online platforms.
- While the primary work is in English, sometimes it is necessary to communicate with government authorities and MASA in Hebrew.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies is located in Jerusalem in the Talpiot Industrial Zone on Pierre Koenig St.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.