Digital Marketing Associate
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies is an open, inclusive, diverse, and intellectually challenging Jewish learning community, based in Jerusalem with programs worldwide. Pardes cultivates a life-long love of Jewish learning, the Jewish people and Israel. Pardes inspires engagement in Jewish life — as communal and spiritual leaders, educators and active participants.
Diversity is at the core of Pardes and students represent a broad spectrum of the Jewish world. The result is a vibrant community constantly engaged in honest, dynamic and constructive debate leading to serious personal reflection and growth.
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies is seeking a Digital Marketing Associate to dramatically increase the impact and reach of the organization across multiple digital platforms. This professional will assist in crafting and implementing a comprehensive strategy for expanding and deepening engagement with Pardes across digital media, through creating and curating content for social media, designing, placing, and tracking targeted ad campaigns, utilizing remarketing tools, SEO and more.
The Digital Marketing Associate will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications (based in the United States) and will assist in the oversight of:
- All social media activities with an eye towards global and industry trends. Responsibilities include conceptualizing, writing, and posting fresh, compelling content on a daily basis, using analytics to reach and engage the largest and most relevant audiences possible.
- All online marketing activities with an eye towards reaching new students and donors. Responsibilities include the creation, strategy and placement of paid digital ads, analyzing performance data and seeking other online marking opportunities and strategies.
The Associate will also assist with other tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate is both highly creative and tech-savvy. They are comfortable in formal and informal professional settings where they can function as a team player while also being able to work independently. They will bring a deep familiarity with Pardes and commitment to its Mission, Vision and Values and have their finger on the pulse of what is happening across the North American, Israeli and global Jewish community. Successful candidates will be highly accountable, have impeccable judgment and attention to detail, and have a great sense of humor.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day management of all Pardes social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Developing online marketing strategies and working with ad agencies.
- Closely following available analytics in real-time to enhance overall performance.
- Monitoring trends and platform updates to keep content and approach current.
- Generating reports to track progress across various metrics.
- Designing campaigns, writing content, and posting across platforms daily.
- Increasing Pardes’s standing/presence in the marketplace.
- Helping program managers creatively promote all Pardes offerings.
- Assisting with other marketing and communications tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent with strong working knowledge of digital marketing and social media management.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to function with evolving goals and objectives.
- Strong attention to detail, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Comfort working with Hebrew, although fluency is not required.
- Ability to juggle many assignments, prioritize responsibilities and ensure timely follow-through of all tasks.
- Willingness to accommodate early or late meetings as needed in order to work directly with colleagues and lay leaders across 10 time zones.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a great sense of humor.
- Experience with Facebook Business Suite, Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdWords, and/or other social media ad campaign platforms.
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp and Canva is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with the following is strongly preferred.
- Content creation tools/apps
- Website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, SEMRush, etc.)
- SEM and PPC marketing strategies.
- SEO and content strategy, link building and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks.
- Familiarity with video/audio editing software is not required but is a plus.
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies is located in Jerusalem with operations in North America and an office in New York City. Candidates in any geographic location are welcome to apply, however working hours will be based on US continental time zones.
Salary and Benefits:
For candidates based in the United States, the salary range is $52,500-$70,000 based on experience and local cost of living. Benefits include but are not limited to 100% health insurance for the employee, 403b plan, paid time off, paid holidays (Jewish and secular), FSA, Group Life and Personal Accident Insurance, and parental leave.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and a one-paragraph analysis of Pardes’s Facebook page to email@example.com in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies North America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all organizational facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.