Project Manager, Marketing & Communications — Israel
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies is an open, inclusive, diverse and intellectually challenging Jewish learning community based in Jerusalem with programs worldwide. Pardes cultivates a life-long love of Jewish learning, the Jewish people and Israel. Pardes inspires engagement in Jewish life — as communal and spiritual leaders, educators and active participants.
Pardes is seeking an Israel-based Project Manager, Marketing & Communications to join a dynamic Pardes team with plans for significant expansion. This part-time position, with the future possibility of full-time employment, reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications, who is based in the United States.
The Project Manager is the central liaison between department managers and graphic designers, printing vendors and media outlets. The Project Manager will oversee a varied portfolio of projects from start to finish and ensure that all projects are scheduled and completed on time. A successful Project Manager will take general ideas from department managers and turn them into creative and elegant finished products. Excellent English writing and editing skills and a strong interest in Pardes, its mission and its values are essential. Being an alumnus/alumna is a plus.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a fluid portfolio of projects including opening and closing projects with an eye towards prioritization.
- Working collaboratively with department managers and the Pardes Marketing and Communications team.
- Developing individual project plans and presenting regular status reports.
- Communicating timelines and deliverables, managing feedback, gathering data and budget information and resolving issues with excellence, responsiveness and reliability.
- Making sure projects support the Pardes brand in look and feel and position the organization in exciting and creative ways.
- Informing management of critical issues and assisting in their resolution as required.
- Managing project scope and proactively identifying risks and sensitive issues.
- Overseeing project review and approval processes with tact and diplomacy.
- Collecting engagement metrics and reporting them to management where applicable.
- Attending relevant meetings and following current trends and best practices in the field.
Key skills required for the position include:
- Excellent ability to write and edit sharp and engaging copy in English.
- Experience working in a creative environment and a great eye for design.
- Positive outlook and the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proven proficiency in managing multiple projects across departments with competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Ability to work with outside vendors in Hebrew.
- Broad understanding of Jewish educational trends in Israel and North America.
- Ability to support a community with diverse religious and political perspectives.
- Familiarity with Trello, Canva, Mailchimp and all major social media platforms.
- Familiarity with Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator a plus but not required.
- A BA or equivalent and successful record of accomplishment managing projects with a minimum of 3-7 years of experience.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter (including salary requirements and references) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.