Director of Leadership Gifts — North America
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies is an open, inclusive, diverse and intellectually challenging Jewish learning community based in Jerusalem with programs worldwide. Pardes cultivates a life-long love of Jewish learning, the Jewish people and Israel. Pardes inspires engagement in Jewish life — as communal and spiritual leaders, educators and active participants.
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies, North America, the New York-based office, is looking to hire a Director of Leadership Gifts, based in the U.S. (although not necessarily in New York), to join a dynamic Pardes team with plans for significant expansion. This position reports directly to the Executive Director, North America. A strong interest in Pardes is essential, and being an alumnus/alumna is a plus.
Pardes is seeking a hard-working professional who possesses excellent communication skills, is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented atmosphere, and has the proven ability to juggle numerous responsibilities and requests from various sources. S/he must be willing to take on new responsibilities in concert with the overall growth of the organization.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Educating donor prospects about Pardes and effectively communicating why it is worthy of philanthropic investment.
- Identifying leadership gift ($10,000+) prospects who are not currently giving to Pardes, developing solicitation strategies, preparing other staff members and lay leaders to make solicitations, and closing gifts independently.
- Establishing and maintaining strong personal relationships with donors through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Developing and personally managing a portfolio of 100 leadership gift prospects for annual solicitation.
- Managing research requests for information about individual donor prospects and determining whether they are leadership gift candidates.
- Attending various conferences, benefit dinners and other networking opportunities as appropriate to gain wide exposure to potential prospects, gather information and secure introductions.
- Overseeing the continued development of a planned giving program.
- Recruiting North Americans to attend the Pardes Learning Seminar.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A proven record of successful fundraising for a non-profit organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to collaborate as well as complete projects independently
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to function with evolving goals and objectives
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and ensure timely follow-through of all tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to travel frequently
- A BA or equivalent and minimum of 7 years of development experience
The Pardes office is located in Manhattan. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and sample Pardes solicitation letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.