Director of Leadership Gifts — North America
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies is an open, inclusive, diverse and intellectually challenging Jewish learning community based in Jerusalem with programs worldwide. Pardes cultivates a life-long love of Jewish learning, the Jewish people and Israel. Pardes inspires engagement in Jewish life — as communal and spiritual leaders, educators and active participants.
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies, North America, the New York-based office, is looking to hire a Director of Leadership Gifts, based in the U.S. (although not necessarily in New York), to join a dynamic Pardes team with plans for significant expansion. This position reports directly to the Executive Director, North America. A strong interest in Pardes is essential, and being an alumnus/alumna is a plus.
Pardes is seeking a hard-working professional who possesses excellent communication skills, is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented atmosphere, and has the proven ability to juggle numerous responsibilities and requests from various sources. S/he must be willing to take on new responsibilities in concert with the overall growth of the organization.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Educating donor prospects about Pardes and effectively communicating why it is worthy of philanthropic investment.
- Identifying leadership gift ($10,000+) prospects who are not currently giving to Pardes, developing solicitation strategies, preparing other staff members and lay leaders to make solicitations, and closing gifts independently.
- Establishing and maintaining strong personal relationships with donors through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Developing and personally managing a portfolio of 100 leadership gift prospects for annual solicitation.
- Managing research requests for information about individual donor prospects and determining whether they are leadership gift candidates.
- Attending various conferences, benefit dinners and other networking opportunities as appropriate to gain wide exposure to potential prospects, gather information and secure introductions.
- Overseeing the continued development of a planned giving program.
- Recruiting North Americans to attend the Pardes Learning Seminar.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A proven record of successful fundraising for a non-profit organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to collaborate as well as complete projects independently
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to function with evolving goals and objectives
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and ensure timely follow-through of all tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to travel frequently
- A BA or equivalent and minimum of 7 years of development experience
The Pardes office is located in Manhattan with members of our team living in various cities across the country. Candidates living anywhere in North America are encouraged to apply. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and sample Pardes solicitation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.