Director of Education — North America
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies is an open, inclusive, diverse and intellectually challenging Jewish learning community based in Jerusalem with programs worldwide. Pardes cultivates a life-long love of Jewish learning, the Jewish people and Israel. Pardes inspires engagement in Jewish life — as communal and spiritual leaders, educators and active participants.
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies, North America, the New York-based office, is looking to hire a Director of Education, based in the U.S. (although not necessarily in New York), to join a dynamic Pardes team with plans for significant expansion. This position reports directly to the President of Pardes. A strong interest in Pardes is essential, and being an alumnus/alumna is a plus.
A Vision for Jewish Life in North America
The Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies envisions renewed Jewish communities animated by knowledge, literacy and a deep commitment to learning and the contemporary relevance of Jewish texts. Pardes is expanding its presence in North America by launching a new set of initiatives aimed at leveraging its extensive alumni network. Through this network, Pardes plans to share its unique approach to Jewish learning and community to benefit North American Jewish communities at large.
A Visionary and Creative Leader for our Work in North America
We seek an “architect” and ambassador for our educational work in North America. This senior-level position will afford the opportunity to build something new, significantly expanding the presence of Pardes in North America. Assets at their disposal include Pardes’s extensive North American alumni network of 5,300 Jewish lay leaders and professionals and Pardes’s proven approaches to transformational text-based learning that celebrates difference and diversity of perspectives.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Shaping the educational vision and programs for Pardes in North America.
- Overseeing the implementation of all Pardes programs in North America.
- Supervising the Director of North American Programs, supporting North America faculty, overseeing the work of local “network weavers,” and working collaboratively with the development team and the North America staff.
- Leading efforts to deepen key strategic partnerships for Pardes.
- Promoting Pardes in North America through speaking and teaching engagements, writing, and the media.
- Playing a central role in development efforts for this work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated track record of planning, launching and scaling bold initiatives that changed the way organizations and communities operate
- Jewish educational vision
- Deep understanding of the North American Jewish community
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Jewish education
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to speak passionately about Pardes’s work and vision
- Personal commitment to the transformative power of Jewish text study
- Experience and demonstrated successes in fundraising
- Proven ability to build and manage an effective team
- Flexibility to travel frequently within North America and occasionally to Israel
The Pardes office is located in Manhattan. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.